Saturday, March 28, 2009

"You've got magic inside your fingertips"

I was still acting stubborn; I pretended, and even made myself believe, that I didn't care. It was so bad to the point where I couldn't even remember if I still felt something...I didn't feel anything, actually. It was scary, really scary, to have someone wrap his arms around you and tell you lines that you once swooned over, and still not be able to conjure up some sort of compassion.

Last night, I still felt so disconnected. At one point he even asked, "Do you still love me?" It nearly broke my heart. Then I started running my fingers through his hair, something I always do. Some how, it always seems to calm me down. Then he started snuggling up next to me, rubbing his nose around my ear...something he knows I'll always like. That's when I felt it again: that spark that lets me know we're still alive, that reminds me I still care and actually want to care. That it's all worth it.

I felt like it was a scene from a movie, I don't know, I could just picture it all. I felt like it was all a dream, but it wasn't. And it really was perfect. I didn't realize how much I had missed lying in that bed of his, with him holding me, until that point. I didn't know you could miss someone so much, even when you see that person every day. I had forgotten, all week, what we're all about. And that little, "Do you think you can pause the movie for a sec?" helped me remember. I like when things get back to normal.

No comments: