Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I trust everyone. I just don't trust the devil inside them." -The Italian Job

For a long time, I pondered about trust. When asked "Do you have trust issues?", I would never know how to respond. I wasn't the kind of person who had a tough time trusting others, but at the same time, I didn't know if I trusted others at all. I was kind of just stuck in the middle, trying to figure out my 'trust conundrum'.

Then today it kind of just hit me. My trust theory is the one my dad has been telling me since I was seven: I trust people until they give me a reason not to. Why hadn't it hit me earlier? I've been hearing that my whole life basically. Now, I finally have my answer. I trust people as long as they let me. Once they give me a reason not to, I don't. And then they have to regain that trust back again, which takes a long time.

I found that quote from a great movie, The Italian Job. I feel like that suits my situation/epiphany well.

No comments: